At Bassingham Primary School, we believe that our Tribal Classrooms embody tribal qualities such as democratic leadership, cooperation, teamwork, equality, fairness, trust and strong personal relationships. Within the classroom tribes, everyone feels valued and has a role to play. We see our tribes as one big family whereby every child feels comfortable and confident to flourish.
So what happens within our Tribes?
- Each class has a Tribal name created by the children
- Each tribe designs and makes their own team flags, every child has a part to play as they build their class rules and values into their flags. This also gives each class, and members within it, a sense of identity.
- A 'check in' at the beginning of the day and a 'check out' at the end of the day for every child
- Tribal gatherings for story time, reflection time, circle time, Jigsaw PHSE sessions, mindfulness, yoga and class assemblies
- Wellbeing Wednesday for the whole school within their tribes